recipe for crested smoothie

Angel

A local breeder gave me this link for a yummy smoothie she swears by it she has been feeding her bunch this for years and its worked great. also yummy for you she said just dont add the supplements until you thaw it out, thought id pass it on to anyone who hasnt heard of this recipe im sure theres lots of people who already know this . so for you other newbs to the crested world here you go.
http://www.rhacscanada.ca/Forum/viewtop ... f=17&t=204.

Khrysty

Looks interesting. The only thing you'd have to be careful about is properly supplementing with insects, since the "hilde" mix is lacking in that department, whereas CGD isn't.

Angel

she told me to offer crickets or insects at least 3 times a week and dust them, for the supplements in the smoothie once its thawed she said add the calcium, d3, multivitamins whatever I give her. but yes she did say insects still need to be offered

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
but you still have to question if the proper nutrition is still there, unlike in CGD which has been analyzed to and adjusted to insure proper nutrition, this smoothie doesnt offer that, and although it works for her, it may over all not be the best choice. As a treat it would be a great idea, otherwise I personally and highly recommend sticking with CGD

Shadraak

im just having trouble getting her to eat the cgd she wont touch it, so figured if i can get her to eat this its better than nothing .

if it's the new 3.0 version, i've heard mixing it with nectar works wonders, you can get it in a can from walmart even, or the powder nectar from the same place you got the cgd.. mine dont like it mixed with water either but i find other ways...

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
yeah as David said, there are many tricks to getting geckos to eat CGD, it is best to try those first and if those have been exhausted, then try other route like this or Clarks diet. But hands down if CGD was not tride and true, so many people wouldnt be offering it as a staple.

sammer021486

I cannot remember how old you said your little one was, but if it is really young. Normally you will not see any indication other than poop that your gecko is eating. Also if you are trying to feed the gecko by placing the food on its nose, it may not eat it, the gecko could be a shy eater.

If the breeder you got the gecko from was feeding it CGD either find out what flavour it was or how they were making the diet. I know that mine are not favourable to watery CGD and like theirs to be mixed thick like pudding, it is so thick that if I dropped it, it is very unlikely that any of the diet will fall out of the container.

Angel

she is 6 months old the breeder said she has eaten all flavors, however i dont have a cc to order the repashy 2 part stuff online that she was feeding so I have the 1 part stuff from the store. can I try adding a bit of fruit puree to it? I havent noticed poop yet either although I have seen her eating crickets. does it look like leo poop?

sammer021486

I have never done this but I think that you can create a paypal account with just your bank account, then you can purchase online if the store accepts paypal.

As far as I know all reptile poop should look the same as bird poop. The white urates and the darker solid.

sammer021486

Just looked into to it for you and you should be able to link your paypal account to your bank account and you will not need to have a credit card to order the diet as long as the store accepts paypal.

Visit our friends