ReptiSun 10.0 UV Tube

goReptiles

This isn't in regards to leopard geckos, but does anyone know if the reptisun tubes work if placed on plexiglass? Like will the UV rays go through or bounce off?

Would I be better off getting someone to cut a hole in the middle of the plexiglass and putting screen in it?

I'm trying to figure the best way to keep humidity in my indoor tortoise tub and provide a little UV for him. I have a UV tube hood, but it won't sit across the tub (not long enough). I figured kill 2 birds with 1 stone, and get the plexiglass as partial lid to hold in more humidity and hold up the hood.

(Side note... It'd be nice to have general forums for health, housing, breeding, etc instead of it solely be in leopard geckos. Figure I have to ask here because not as many go to the other forums.)

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
UV will not penetrate standard plexiglass. Cutting a hole is probably the best way to go unless you have a source for Solacryl.

Bellalee

I don't know if you said you were thinking about getting a screen? That will also cut down on the amount of UVB coming through. Hole is best... unfortunatly.

Visit our friends