Rubiks Cube

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
There are rules on how to do it, my sister taught me once, but I can only do 1 side...:embarassed:

BGalloway

The way I was taught was to stagger the sides and crack it apart, then snap the little blocks back into place so the sides match up. Yeah, it's cheating :p.

MonteQ's

You guys inspired me to pick it back up...Finally got it this morning! Only took two years...lol
It's been buggin me for a while that I couldn't get it. Thanks for the push ;)

I made a walk through video the other day for giggles. (had to have a finished 3x3 to finish the 4x4... go figure)
I'd be happy to forward it if you're interested, shoot me a pm. I have no clue how to put up videos.

robin

pre you tube (i didnt cheat :p) when i was a kid i was able to do it. i did it several times. if i tried today i couldn't do it LOL i do not have the concentration for it.

THE WHISPERER

learned how by watching a video on how to do it at rubics website. took me about 2 days to memorize the steps, now i average about a minute and a half to solve it. Once you learn all 8 steps it's really easy to do. haven't tried the 4x4 or 5x5 yet.

MonteQ's

Didn't even think about you tube! Go there...it'll save you having to look at my ugly mug ;)

Rick, the 4x4 is a mindblower... The center sections aren't fixed, so you really need to pay attention or have a 3x3 as a point of referrence or it'll go haywire. I was going to order the 5x5, but it looks like it'll have to wait till after the holidays...pricey...lol

MonteQ's

Props Rick!... I gave one to a friend of mine. Played with it for a few minutes on New years, couldn't get the hang of it's balance.

If you like puzzles, check out the "Gordian's knot"...got one for xmas. Gave me fits for a couple hours. Took a few days to really learn.

Robin, the 360 is a ball with in a ball with in a ball. There's little balls on the inside that you have to get to the corresponding holes on the outer most ball...lol. Tougher to explain than I thought...hope that helps a little anyway.