Small snake?

DoubleZ

Ok, I like snakes but as I had pet rats the idea of them as feeders bothers me a bit. Are there any snakes that are fine with just mice?

whkrazyk

Geck'd Out
any snake that will feed on mice can eat them, but mice are higher in fat than rats, so i like to use rats to beef up my boas, if your looking for a snake that doesnt eat rate or mice, hognoses will eat toads readily, most people switch them to pinkies, but im sure you could talk to a breeder to get a hatchling that hasnt been switched, and they are rather small snakes

DoubleZ

any snake that will feed on mice can eat them, but mice are higher in fat than rats, so i like to use rats to beef up my boas, if your looking for a snake that doesnt eat rate or mice, hognoses will eat toads readily, most people switch them to pinkies, but im sure you could talk to a breeder to get a hatchling that hasnt been switched, and they are rather small snakes
I'm fine feeding mice, I would just rather not use rats. Anything else is fine. At least for now. Eventually I might be able to feed rats, but my girls only passed away a few years ago.

whkrazyk

Geck'd Out
ok, well with a young snake you will have to feed them pinks and/ or hoppers depending on size for a while, like i said you could get something like a hognose, they never really get big enough for rats anyways

whkrazyk

Geck'd Out
oh and i have friends who only feed their boas and balls mice, and they are fat and healthy, but i would recommend rats for any breeding females, but if its just a pet, feel free to feed only mice

Visit our friends