smallest boa

ReptileMan27

Sand boas only get 2-3ft, rosy boas are about the same.. For even smaller you could look into rubber boas.

Last edited:

ReptileMan27

JGoslee said:
I was hoping there would be like a smaller version of a redtail? I guess not. I really like the looks of redtail boa's.
Well if you got a male RTB that would be a bit smaller. The males generally get 6-7ft but still a good size..

JGoslee

This is going to be my first snake so I'd like to stay around 3'. I guess I need to start thinking about other snakes. Maybe a kingsnake would be better.

ReptileMan27

JGoslee said:
This is going to be my first snake so I'd like to stay around 3'. I guess I need to start thinking about other snakes. Maybe a kingsnake would be better.
Most kings are a great choice for a first snake, corns and kenyan sand boas are 2 other great choices. If your looking for something that only gets 3ft or smaller then a Kenyan sand boa would be your best IMO.. Corns and most kings get 4-6ft..

S

StinaKSU

Generally good....there is a thread about their temperaments somewhere on the forum if you do a search.

ReptileMan27

JGoslee said:
I've been doing alot of reading and I'm still not sure if I want a Kenyan Sand Boa or a Cali kingsnake. They're both so cool looking.
Cal kings are cool snakes, can be more nippy then corns or milks. Cal kings do get 4-6ft so if you dont want anything that gets over 3ft then a cal king wouldnt be a good choice for you..

Do some research on local type red tail boas. If you're interested in a red tail these are the way to go. For instance, Central American and Hog Island boas stay smaller. Generally, they will stay under five foot.

JGoslee

Well I decided to get a nice lavender California kingsnake. I was very close to getting a sand boa but the kingsnake I picked out is just gorgeous and I couldn't pass him up. When he arrives I'll post picks in the colubrids forum. Thanks for everyones input.

bleeding_sarcasm

Rockstar
my vote is for Dwarf Boas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caulker cays, corn islands, tarahumaras, crawl cays and hog islands max out at like 4' even for females. I want every type of dwarf boa. I <3 them.

Visit our friends