SYR no longer available

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Just for those of you who don't know, UPS pulled Ship Your Reptile's account and they will no longer be offering reduced shipping rates. From what I gather, Reptiles Express is still active with UPS, but is currently on hold. So, what does this mean for us? It means that for the time being at least, shipping rates will be standard UPS rates through UPS or standard rates through FedEx. There will be no more reduced shipping costs for reptiles through UPS for the time being. I also have heard that shipping rates are scheduled to go up again next year, so the cost of shipping animals will become higher. Please plan your purchases/sales accordingly, just a heads up.

-T.

RAlbrecht

Gecko Medic
I wanted to explain the current situation with RE and UPS. We have a few people in corporate UPS that have been battling for RE and the reptile industry. There was only 2 more issues we have been working with UPS to find a permanent solution to: Snake Shipping and 3rd party billing (reselling labels). Early this week we made a huge step forward and got waiver free snake shipping approved with UPS through RE. Today we received some very bad news from UPS. The folks in UPS that have been working very hard to get these issues approved lost a very important battle today. We have been told that UPS has sent out a cease and desist order to SYR and pulled there accounts. They told RE today that they can not keep the lawyers from sending the same letter to us. We have been told are accounts are still active and we will need to wait for some of the fires to be put out before they will allow RE as a reseller of shipping labels to the reptile industry. We have 6 months of emails and phone calls assuring RE that our website and business plan was approved before we officially launched our site and most of the problems we have had are from outside pressure being applied to UPS. We will continue to work with UPS to work out this unfortunately series of events and will do everything we can to offer reasonable overnight reptile shipping in the future. We have removed the label option from our website until further notice. We wanted to apologize to all of our members and promise we will do everything possible to work this out with UPS. I placed a call to Chad at SYR today to see if we can work together with UPS to resolve these issues. I have not received a call back. I think at this point we just need to work with UPS together and stop the heat that is being applied at the corporate office. Thanks for the support and please post this in the other forums. We can't hit them all.

Brendan Tighe - Partner
ReptilesEXPRESS.com

RAlbrecht

Gecko Medic
So yeah... I know what I posted was about Reptiles Express but it seems like both companies are having issues now. I re-posted what RE said because I can't find any responses from SYR. But at least they are keeping people in the loop in sorts to whats going on

Keith N

So yeah... I know what I posted was about Reptiles Express but it seems like both companies are having issues now. I re-posted what RE said because I can't find any responses from SYR. But at least they are keeping people in the loop in sorts to whats going on

Or you can just meet me :main_laugh:

robin

i wonder if the expensive shipping and soon to be higher will make for local shows better for vendors?

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
I heard the news yesterday :/ I already filled out my "FedEx Package Test Application" today and my test box will be going out Monday.

I really liked SYR, it made shipping an easier task. It's shame what is going on with UPS I hope this gets resolved quickly...

Fedex is only about $5 more expensive than UPS (I ran an estimate for a 12x9x6 shiped from Miami, Fl to New Jersey).. and it cost me $45 through SYR, its $50 and change through FedEx...for now, it seems FedEx is the best way to go...

robin

I heard the news yesterday :/ I already filled out my "FedEx Package Test Application" today and my test box will be going out Monday.

I really liked SYR, it made shipping an easier task. It's shame what is going on with UPS I hope this gets resolved quickly...

Fedex is only about $5 more expensive than UPS (I ran an estimate for a 12x9x6 shiped from Miami, Fl to New Jersey).. and it cost me $45 through SYR, its $50 and change through FedEx...for now, it seems FedEx is the best way to go...

i know many people shipping through fed-ex with a 12 x 6 x 6 box and it is costing $50-$60 per package (and sometimes more)

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
i know many people shipping through fed-ex with a 12 x 6 x 6 box and it is costing $50-$60 per package (and sometimes more)

Maybe it would cost me that if i have to ship to the West Coast... And i have shipped though SYR to Cali before and it cost me $55.96 (i just checked my order history with SYR)...the further the package travels the more one will pay.

RAlbrecht

Gecko Medic
There's a lot of "talks" and posts going up about this issue right now. Seems like SYR didn't have anything pulled.....

"Our UPS accounts are live and working. The problem is communication with the UPS tool through the website, which generates quotes and labels.

There was also no call placed to either Chad or myself from ReptilesExpress.

Maybe they should worry about their own issues and stop speculating and deflecting to us?

I hope to have the site 100% next week, working on it now...
-----
[email protected]

ShipYourReptiles.com
Pro Exotics Reptiles"

I'm just cutting and paste what I can find in different forums to keep people up to date. There is still hope, but making a Fed-Ex/UPS account does sound like a good way to go. Just remember with the FED-Ex account its business to business if I remember correctly so you might not be able to ship.

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
There's a lot of "talks" and posts going up about this issue right now. Seems like SYR didn't have anything pulled.....

"Our UPS accounts are live and working. The problem is communication with the UPS tool through the website, which generates quotes and labels.

There was also no call placed to either Chad or myself from ReptilesExpress.

Maybe they should worry about their own issues and stop speculating and deflecting to us?

I hope to have the site 100% next week, working on it now...
-----
[email protected]

ShipYourReptiles.com
Pro Exotics Reptiles"

I hope this is true!!

Last edited:

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
well that sucks, this is what i got when i logged in to see what was going on...

r1wsh2.gif

Visit our friends