Tail Regeneration Progress

GeekyGecko

Okay, I recently adopted a Leo that dropped her tail during shipping :( and I was looking everywhere for a video or pictures of the progress of a tail regen. I finally found these and thought they would be helpful to others as well. If anybody else has any photos/videos of Leos tail regens, please feel free to share. Its fascinating how they grow back!

http://youtu.be/QDdVs4qM1XU

I've been tracking my girl's regrowth as well, I may post pictures of her progress as well. I have to say though, her tail is not growing back nearly as fast. Should I be worried? Her tail only looks like day 3 in the video, but its been exactly 21 days. She hasn't been eating great since I got her, so maybe that has something to do with it?

marauderhex

Here's Nekro. My blizzard female with a partially regen'd tail.

y2BtDh.jpg

GeekyGecko

Nekro is so pretty! Her tail tip grew back really well. :)

I don't want to stress my girl by force feeding. I have a bowl of mealies/dubia in for her, but she won't touch them. Not even if I drop them in front of her. I tried holding her and poking her in the mouth with a mealie, still a no-go. I put about 6 crickets in her cage, left them for a while, came back saw none, but when I cleaned out her cage, found 3 dead ones. :/

Visit our friends