Underwoodisaurus milii

K

Kevin McRae

Hi, here are a few photos of my pair of underwoods.

UmiliiNov39.jpg

01UmiliiNov30.jpg

cutemilii.jpg

miliicricket2.jpg

milii2.jpg

In shed...

01Umill-Oct31.jpg

femaleUmiliisheddingNov7th.jpg

After...

femaleumiliinov9.jpg

Happy Holidays

K

Kevin McRae

Thanks!

I really like these guys too, probably my favorite gecko.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I really like these guys too, probably my favorite gecko.
They are quickly becoming my 2nd favorite geckos (next to leos, of course!) I really think these darling creatures will become more and more popular as people discover what fun they are to keep and watch. How can anyone resist their sweet little faces and their cool, gentle little personalities? Not to mention, they are actually quite easy to care for compared to other knobtail species. Mine are about as tame as leopard geckos!

mrcsk8ter44445

Baseball=Life
malt_geckos said:
Very nice! I can't wait to get mine!

Marc- I have read her care sheet too about as many times as you! lol.
Lol yeah Its weird how I know the care now I just like to double check( as if it was going to change lol) Do you plan on getting some??

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Marcia are you going to the Arlington show this year?? if not last year did you see a good amount of Underwoods??
I will most likely not be at the NARBC Arlington Show in February... I only have about 30 geckos left for the '07 season. I didn't see a single U. milii at February's show, unless Scott from TLC had some... and he sold out his entire inventory of Aussie geckos in the first hour of the show and then packed up and went home! Darn the bad luck!

K

Kevin McRae

I would love to see your caresheet.

I find them pretty easy to keep too.

I keep them in a five gallon enclosure each. They are both only around 4-5 inches so their is a lot of room. Mix of sand and potting soil substrate. Keep one end moist and the other dry. A few hiding spots and live philodendron. I keep one end at around 75-80 and the other are 80-90. Temperature often fluctuates in all my enclosures and the geckos do great! It fluctuates in the wild so why shouldn't it in captivity?

Feed them every 2 or 3 days. Spray them every night.

Great beginner Aussies!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Great beginner Aussies!
Yes, they are! I house all of my females together in a large aquarium similar to you, with a substrate of 50% sand and 50% peat moss, with the warm side (UTH) at about 86-88 degrees and a cool, moist side at room temp. I feed them 3X a week with dusted crix. I have a few that like superworms fed by hand. Here's my female's set-up (you can see a few peeking out of their warm hide:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/goldengategeckos/Gecko%20Room/GeckoRoom15.jpg

mrcsk8ter44445

Baseball=Life
Darn I was really hoping to get some there too,, would you mind sending me Scotts website if he has one?? maybe I could purchase it before I go, if he's going to make it

Ccrashca069

Well after seeing Marcia's little milli's, I can see why people just love them. They are very cute and have the cutiest little faces and big eyes. And she isn't kidding, those little one are pretty tame.

Last edited:

Visit our friends