Viv pics...

R

rrhill

Well I told Jeanne I would send her one of he backgrounds I was making to test it out...here they are for the forum to see. I made these using the great stuff/black silicone/coir method outlined on black jungle's website.

The 20 gallon with a screened top I built.
MVC-891S.jpg

It has a pump and a "weeping wall" I can make the water gush out of seep by adjusting the pump. Putting the water lines & foaming in + getting the water out can be tricky. Here's a close up.
MVC-892S.jpg

Here are 2 - 10 gallon backgrounds unfinished. These are finished now (I took these pics over a year ago!) I am sending one of these to you Jeanne. The nice thing about the coir background is you can get pothos growing on them, plant the main plant in the bottom of the tank and the plant will grow to the top and attach on the coir background pretty well.
MVC-889S.jpg

I'll post some new photos (with my better camera) of some of the NEW stuff I'm working on later. BTW, the crested geckos love these backgrounds!

R

rrhill

decided to throw these pics on my thread about Alan. I guess I'll post these here too, just taken this AM. Not finished with this 29 gallon tank yet, but....

HPIM0052.jpg

HPIM0053.jpg

Once this tank is finished with Alan's door on it, I'll post pics.

robin

that is very cool!!!!!! what else other than cresteds do you house in them and have you had any troubles with water leakage, algea build up or anything else like that?

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Ro-

Those look awesome! I can't wait to test them out. I have seen those for sale in stores, but already in the tanks, and have wanted one (Actually want many) for a while now.

Let me know when you want to ship, I will send you my address in a pm. Hopefully if they are as cool as I think they are gonna be, we can work something out where I can sell them at the local reptile shows and on my site.

Hey Ro You will be my Distributer :main_thumbsup:

R

rrhill

gees Robin, why are you awake at this ungdly hour?

I haven't kept anything (other than plants) in the tanks that are pictured here...these are for sale. I have kept some of the cresteds in 10 gallon tanks with backgrounds I made like these.

Water leakage isn't a problem because the tanks are new and the water lines only run in the bottom half...not in the top screened in portion. I made the tops so they can be removed without disturbing the botom tank part, even the cord to the pump is fit through a hole cut out of the back of the top so it fits over the cord. When the plants fill in, it will be a problem to remove the screened top. The 29 gallon tank will not leak if I seal the door properly:D .
Whoever buys it will be able to keep frogs, geckos and ??? in it.
Algae will be a problem if the sides are kept wet with good lighting, I had that happen with one of my frogs tanks but I really liked the look. If stuff grows on the coir that you don't want on there you can hose it off, the coir is siliconed on there and shouldn't go anywhere. I would think a light bleaching would also get rid of algae...just rinse throughly and the coir should be fine, but I have never had to use bleach yet!

I wanted Jeanne's input about how wel they work for her and for ideas on how to improve...I sometimes can't see the foret for the trees.

robin

rrhill said:
gees Robin, why are you awake at this ungdly hour?
russell called and woke me up but i should be laying back down soon for my nap :main_thumbsup:

R

rrhill

Just took these pics

This is for a 20 long, made sure I have plenty of spots to attach air plants...I just ordered 60 tillandsia plants (all kinds of different ones!!) In case someone wants to use these for frogs....
HPIM0056.jpg

a 10 gallon insert
HPIM0055.jpg

This is a 10 gallon VERTICAL set up. I usually put some plants in the coconut.
HPIM0054.jpg

These will be finished by Monday or Tuesday. The cool thing about the foam is if someone doesn't want to use live plants they can just poke the fake plants into the foam and hose the whole thing down to clean it.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
rrhill said:
These will be finished by Monday or Tuesday. The cool thing about the foam is if someone doesn't want to use live plants they can just poke the fake plants into the foam and hose the whole thing down to clean it.

That is a great idea, I don't use real plants, only fake ones ( I can't keep a plant alive except for Spider plants and easy ones like that, and those are harp for me....LOL )

Visit our friends