Website

G

Green_Snake

I want to create a website for my gecko breeding, and am wondering if you know of any good hosting sites, and of anyone who does a good job of designing. I don't know how much money I can spend on this (in other words, not too much), but I would like a nice looking website.

L

lepgeckosrock

when you get time send me a personal message with some contact info (e-mail, messanger) and I'll get with you I am working with a program to do sites.

OHRobert

webfaction

I've recently switched my hosting over to webfaction.com. They have some nice shared hosting packages at good prices. They also allow you to program the site in just about any language you can think of. I used networksolutions prior to them and never had any issues there either, but a few of my other developer friends recommended webfaction and I haven't had any issues yet.

FelanMoira

I don't know if I can post it here --- If I can't, Kelli - just delete it and send me a PM -

Green_Snake:

If you get your own domain - I can host you for $4.95 a month plus 6% WV state sales tax (stupid state of WV grrrr). That gets you a email address for that domain name, ftp services for the site, cgi scripts if the designer uses them, Web Based Email Access, Perl, PHP, Java, MS Frontpage™ Extensions, MySQL Databases, PhpMyAdmin Support, Wordpress, a few shopping carts, etc.

This offer extends to anyone else on GF too. Just PM me. I'll have the hubby set you up ;) He just doesn't know it yet. Anything too technical on the site and he has to do the tech support anyway LOL :main_laugh: I will consider a barter system for a gecko for an equal amount of monthly hosting fees ;)

paviya

I want to create a website for my gecko breeding, and am wondering if you know of any good hosting sites, and of anyone who does a good job of designing. I don't know how much money I can spend on this (in other words, not too much), but I would like a nice looking website.

I would suggest TheWebPole.com
I found this through Google search,I am sure this site satisfy all of you needs.

Olympus

Biologist & Ecologist
If you have someone else design a website for you make sure that they make it possible for you to edit/update the pages as you need to. It's very easy and possible to do so, you just have to let your programmer know when he's building it for you. And then you don't have to pay every time you sell a gecko to update the "Available" page. And you don't have row after row of "sold" geckos still up, which is a huge pet peeve of mine ;)

Visit our friends