WHAT?

mack

What will my gecko look like when he gets older??? What kind of leopard gecko is he???

Dimidiata

Im double for hypo. A better pic may help out though. Maybe a superhypo(not sure how to tell on the young). Mine when it was young looked like this
GEDC0567.jpg

Now
GEDC1065.jpg

Though the shade of orange on the body and the amount of orange on the tail(if any) may vary, this is what a Superhypo looks like. Hypos have a few spots on them sch as on their back and head. You can always try a google search or wait for more responces.

mack

I was really hoping for a more spotted leopard look (like a traditional one look like). This is an example of what im hoping he will grow up to look like

Dimidiata

should of researched first XP. We know you have a tang, and we know its atleast a hypo. You wont be seeing that many spots but i promise you you will love the lil fella. They are such fun critters, im sure the morph will grow on you.
Heres a link to a photo of a hypo, now their spotting is unique in general. So he/she may have more/less spots. http://leopardgeckowiki.com/index.php?title=File:Hypotangerine.JPG This site is also a good place to review all the diffrent morphs.

Last edited:

mack

what kind of leopard turns out to look like the one i have a pic of above?? i was thinking about getting another one........ I want one that will have all of those spots

Dimidiata

Did you even open that link i posted -_-. There are tons of spotted leo morphs, TONS TONS TONS. Do the research and figure out which one you like best. I belive that particular photo is of a normal. There are jungles, albinos, snows and so on.

JordanAng420

If you're buying purely for looks, you might be better off buying an adult rather than a baby.

I have a feeling that once you get your new spotted gecko, this one may not receive as much attention. Please don't let that happen.

Good luck.

mack

actually i have decided not to get another leopard gecko. And this morph believe it or not has actually grown on me. I have really grown to like this hypo now!

garner63080

GarnerGeckos
I've never had a problem with a morph pattern "growing on me" I love every one of them. Maybe Im weird but it could be turd brown and I'd still love it. Leopards are amazingly cute and the morph patterns just accent that. Like makeup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

mack

actually i have decided to not get another leopard gecko. I can truly say that i really like the hypo tango look now. I just thought about it all day and I really am anxious to see him grow up!!!

Dimidiata

The real anticipation begins when the carroting on their tails start(most have it i belive) and you cant wait to see how far it goes. Sounds lame but thats been my game latley, watching my little girl to see how much carroting she will end up with XD.

Dimidiata

Id wait to say super until he matures a bit. Not sure if theres a easy way to tell superhypo from hypo at that age. Ct will be determined by if he gets carroting.

mack

What exactly is a carrot tail. Is it a certain type of leopard gecko? Also is the difference between a super hypo and a hypo just the size. Finally, what exactly is a hypo. Sorry about all the questions.

Dimidiata

Hypo is basicly a reduction in black pigmenting. In the case of leos, hypo effects spots. Hypo means the morph has less spots then normal. Superhypo means they have little to no spots what so ever. Nothing to do with size. Carrottail(Ct) is a trait. Look at my gecko up above, you see that orange on her tail, thats called carroting. The amount of carroting varys amongst geckos(some morphs dont have any CT at all). Mostly in tangerines you will see carroting. Some breeders say that to be called a carrottail they must have a certain amount of carroting, wich is why i said we could call you gecko a ct until we see how much, if any, carroting it developes.

SHTCT Break down

S= super
H=hypo
T=tangerine
CT= carrot tail.

As you can imagine you can have a SHT(super hypo tangerine) or just a HTCT(hypotangerine carrot tail) and so on. for now lets just say you have a hypo tangerine.

mack

im starting to see some orangish coloring of his/her tail lately i think this might be the start of carrot

Visit our friends