where can i find grande terre's?

Kaianuanu

I was wondering were i could find inexpensive grand terre leachies? I'm not looking for fancy colors or quality genetics, i just want a BIG leachie!

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
There is no such thing as an inexpensive GT, at least a pure GT. You can get hatchling GT crosses for around $3-350, but that's a GT/henkeli mix. What's "inexpensive" in your mind?

Pure GT's are slow to mature, can be hard to pair and when they do they might not produce consistently, therefore they are expensive.

Kaianuanu

i just want a baby gecko that will get really big for as little as possible. I may look into trying to raise a nice tokay from a hatchling if thats even possible

Northstar Herp

Tokays are a great option. Nice and cheap, get it young and learn how to treat it well and you can get them handleable. They're gorgeous and huge too.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Never heard of a "nice tokay" :D and remember you get what you pay for so I would raise your budget or lower your expectations (which could still end up costing you in vet bills if you get a poorly bred sickly animal). Leachies are HUGE aren't they... I'd love to own one sometime in my life bt it isn't happening any time soon. I love the large herps... just my budget doesn't :D

TokayKeeper

Evil Playsand User
they can be quite nice...

first pic is Greg Christenson of daygecko.com at the former New Mexico Reptile Expo over a decade ago. Greg and Leann specialize in day geckos, but also take great pride in their tame tokays.

2nd pic is "Toodles" and "Goliath". Toodles was my first tokay and father to Gex, who can be seen in this post http://geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=76447

3rd and 4th pics are Toodles some more.

Gex doesn't share the enthusiasm of his dad when it comes to being handled.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Very nice pix tokaykeeper... it's nice to see that even with geckos there are always exceptions to the rule. Thanks for that info.

Northstar Herp

In addition to what Tokaykeeper has shared, let's not forget that GT Leachianus aren't exactly kitty kats. Most of them wouldn't earn the same rep. as WC tokays, but I have personally seen one that would rival any tokay in attitude.

If tokays would be too much, you could always get a bearded dragon?

Visit our friends