White-Out information

kkigs

I'm becoming increasingly interested in the white-outs... can anyone point me to a good reference on this specific morph? I've found various bits and pieces, to the tune of: co-dominant, cannot produce live offspring with amelanistic/albino genes, and has not produced a living homozygous specimen yet. I'm definitely looking at adding a male to my collection, but would really love to see some discussion by the various keepers here on the forums.

Thanks,

Keith

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Well everything you have said is correct but all the info and test breeding has come from a very small number of breeders. There needs to be more test breeding to be certain of these claims.

JdiLb

I'm interested in them too, but there isn't much out there. I really can't afford them yet but they're a great morph along with zulu.

kkigs

Yeah, I was pretty surprised when I posted this and didn't get much of anything relevant in response. Are they Axanthic? Anerythristic? None of the above? Why does there appear to be a lethality in homozygous offspring when heterozygous specimens are bred together? Of course, if we could answer that, we could probably figure out why amel fat-tails seem to be incompatible with almost all of these new morphs...

Visit our friends