2 eggs have died!

ddkgeckos

my two eggs that i was hoping would hatch soon have both gone, the first went a few days ago and the other went earlier today. they where both found open as if the gecko was trying to hatch but they gecko was no where near developed it was still pink and and was only about a inch big head to tail:(:(. i figured out my stats where faulty they where reading 85/86 and in fact the temps where 75/76 so i guess thats why. never buying of ebay again. i got a new one today and have managed to get a steady temp at 85/86 my 3 other eggs are all looking good and i seen all three of em move earlier. i aint gonna touch them again now until they hatch. i knew somet wasn't quite right with the first two i never seen em move at all and i have seen all 3 of the others move in about a 3 minutes. the other 3 i can tell are doing great just glad i got them in time. question though will the sudden rise in temp kill em also, i did it gradually over a 4 hour period and have seen em move at 85/86. so i think there ok.

DONT BUY STATS FROM EBAY!!!

robin

what thermostat were you using and did you not have a temp prob inside to keep an eye on the temps? also were you not checking with something like a digital temp gun?

Visit our friends