20 gal conversion finished.

little98dime

Hey everyone,
I just finished my 20 gallon for one of my leos last night. She really seems to like it so far. Its the first "naturalistic" leo enclosure i've done and i think it turned out pretty good. Just wanted to share it with you all. :)

on the left half (warm side) i have the humid hide hidden under the removable top portion of the rock. forward of that, i have the warm dry hide with a live succulent. I am using river rocks to cover the soil it is planted in. On the cool side, is a rock hide. everything is either slate or grout colored to match the slate. :)
100_1307.jpg

100_1308.jpg

100_1309.jpg

100_1310.jpg

My female Tremper Paternless, Samira, that is making this tank home.
100_1311.jpg

100_1312.jpg

And my other geckos.
My baby female Crested, Saber. She lost her tail to a tank mate when she was with her previous owner. :(
100_1314.jpg

My adult male Crested, Binks
100_1313.jpg

My Female Tremper Albino, Caramel
100_1315.jpg

And my other female Tremper Patternless, Nanner. She's a fatty (healthy big)
100_1317.jpg

Inferno33

That's looks really good. I was thinking of starting a full-tank project when I get a 100 gallon tank. I made one piece for my current 20 gallon tank, and I had so much fun doing it that I want to take it up a notch. =] Great work.

little98dime

unfortunately, no progress pics, but i can explain it quite easily.
I bought some styrofoam sheets from home depot. it comes wrapped in plastic and has like 6-8 sheets in it for 6 bucks. I cut out layers ot make the hides and used liquid nails to bond them together. the back ground is a sheet the width and hieght of the back wall and has smaller pieces glued on to make the ledges. everthing is covered in the grey grout from home depot. I used this stuff on the slate for my fire place and it hasnt cracked from heat yet, so no worries there. I put the grout on in layers, mixing it from medium watery for the first coat to almost like a thick milkshake for the rest. I put on 5 coats. I did not seal it since its not in a humid tank and i wanted the rough look. I tested all the pieces with running water to look for any chance of it wearing off. I let each piece cure for 3 days on each layer and the last layer I let cure for a week. The background is held in place by 4 strips of velcro on the back wall to allow me to remove it for cleaning.

Visit our friends