2014 HOLDBACKS (for now)

StellarExotics

Havent posted in a while.... just showing some 2'14s...

2fd2de7bc7c70be7e006f0f64d6ae983.jpg

SnowGlow x Fake Firefox

d83d5f6e2d8c671e4d2305a9b202d116.jpg

Red Stripe Emerine Eclipse W/Y
x Bold Stripe Bell

a4fd0d7a68559a771c3651cb39cff194.jpg

My Hi Yellow Lavender line x JMG hyperxanthic (project with "the bearded gecko)

62c1a47386ae216fa94ce76b93072f79.jpg

Ember ( ember x raptor het patty)

Enjoy

StellarExotics

THE FIREFOX is a 'morph' created by Ron Tremper, I dont have much info on it... I bought mine as a firefox... but then through confirmation by Ron himself... at the time I purchased him, there had never been any sold to Canada. Therefore I likevto poke fun at my "misfortune" and call him my "Fake" firefox..

indyana

Firefox is a specific tangerine line known for its ability to hold color. If you want to see some awesome examples, check out Designer Geckos.

Beautiful geckos! Thought that last one up top was a bit suspect though... lol

StellarExotics

The firefox gene is MORE THAN just known for holding colour. Infact that's why Mr . Tremper himself has pulled the plug on them for a bit. He's not happy with the adult colouration. They're NOT holding colour. My original male didn't. .. but ONE of his sons did... Designer geckos Is on the right track with how they look as adults, but I fear they have steered past what it stood for in the begining. They (as adults) should express 5 colours. Yellow, lavender, 2 shades of orange/tangerine, and im pretty sure the black spotting on the toes was another trait. The animals theyre producing have KILLER tangerine...But just look like every other really nice SHTCTB out there. ...

indyana

Well, Designer Gecko's Firefox line is known for holding its color, at least. Can't speak to the original Firefoxes.

Yeah, not sure what the intention for the line was from Ron Tremper. That's what happens when you don't document your own morph standard... >_< In Leopard Geckos: The Next Generations, the description he gives for the morph is:
"Firefox. This line of Hypo Tangerine includes lavender on the body and occasionally orange rings on the toes." (p. 187)

The picture included with that description has no rings on the toes at all, so... yeah.

StellarExotics

Thats what I mean.... Designers DO hold colour.... however... dont keep the lavender anymore, as theyre crossing them so far into mandarin line etc...

GreatGeckos

Yeah fire foxes are not just tangs, they're supposed to have lavender , tangerine yellow and black spots... They all display tangerine and lavender as adults if they're "real" fire foxes.

Visit our friends