A Few Questions..

Loui1203

How often should i change the vermiculite in my moist hide? (used by two geckos)
Is it ok that the temperature in my egg incubator varies about 5 degrees b/t 79 and 84 (roughly)?
Are those magnetic burrow hides for reptiles any good? Or would a hut like hide be better?
Random questions i know.. :)
Thanks!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Here's my take:
1. changing vermiculite: I don't use it, but I'd imagine that it wouldn't need changing too often unless you're seeing mold in it or the geckos are pooping in it (in which case I'd change it weekly)
2. 5 degree temp variation: I think this is too much. About 2 degrees seems the max for variation. The amount of variation you're experiencing has a greater chance of producing geckos with deformities. If you're using a hobovator with the original thermostat, you'd be better off buying and attaching a proportional thermostat. Do a forum search for "proportional" and see what you get
3. I got 2 magnetic hides for one of my gecko cages and it is seldom used. On the other hand, your gecko(s) may just love it. The hut seems to be a better bet but you never know . . .

ALiza

Visit our friends