AFT eggs! Humidity question.

Malin2

Hello there.

A while ago my amelanistic female laid 2 eggs and I have had them in the incubator for a while now. She laid them 26/2.
They're looking absolutely fine and atleast one of them is fertile. I'm pretty sure I saw the red eye :D

But here is my question. Should I spay some water around the eggs? Because I think the perlite looks really dry. But at the same time I really don't want to risk the eggs getting moldy. That's what happened last time. I checked the eggs too often and sprayed water when it seemed try. Not on the eggs of course but around them.

So what should I do? Just wait and see if the eggs starts so sink in and spray only then?

I would really appreciate help.
Thank you in advance :)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you're using the traditional egg cups, where the eggs are buried in the perlite and you used the appropriate perlite/water ratio (1:0.8) and you keep the containers closed (without air holes) except to open briefly once a week, then even though the perlite looks dry it's probably fine. If you're using SIM's, you need enough water in the perlite so there's condensation on the sides. Even with all this, I've had less luck with AFT eggs than leo eggs and some of them start out looking fertile and just don't hatch (I have 2 like that now).

Aliza

Malin2

I have holes in the lid because that was recomended. Can I move them to another cup if I let it stand in the incubator for a while first? Because I see no condensationdrops at all right now. I'm worried...

I just checked and yes...it's really dry. The holes aren't big at all but I guess it was enough.
I really really want to succeed with at least 1 lizard. I would be incredibly happy! :)

Last edited:

Visit our friends