Am I doing it right?

tortoiseinfo

IMG_20120220_200140.jpg

IMG_20120220_200146.jpg

IMG_20120220_200600.jpg

The hide in the corner has the UTH. Please let me know what I could add and/or remove. Thanks

Last edited:

panicbess

a little research can help..The light DOES nothing for these animals. THey NEED a UTH to help them with their digestion!! Get on it

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
Only thing i would say is it looks a little cramped. I'd ditch the PVC. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

I'd keep it if it were me.
It doesnt take up any "space" because its hollow and the gecko can still walk into it, and use it to feel more secure.

grboxa

I guess some people missed what he stated...in bold..... " the hide in the corner has the UTH ". You don't have to ditch the light, it just shouldn't be the only source of heat for your leo. I have low watt bulbs on my tanks as well to keep ambient temperatures a bit up with no problems, it gets cold in my room. blue/red bulbs are suppose to be fine for nighttime, so as long as you pick a suitable blue/red bulb where its not dumping to much heat in the tank, it's fine. And remember red lights give off more heat then blue. Personally I would switch to a blue bulb if you want supplemental heat and nighttime viewing, I have heard some people say red light can bother some leo's. People use ceramic heaters as well for supplemental heat, it's all about what you want to do. Since you have a UTH, it's not wrong that you have a red light, what watt is it?. From the looks of that tank 50 watt should be fine, considering where you position the bulb as well. Looks good to me though, I also agree with katie on the PVC pipe. If you have temperatures right then your good to go.:main_thumbsup:

Last edited:

Dimidiata

You can see the UTH cord in the pic i belive XP. Looks great, never thought of using PVC, thats worth a try, if you want to make it a little easier on the eyes, i took some 1$ tree decor plants(the plastic leaves and flowers on the wall) and siliconed them to my hides to give it a leaf pile look.

Owens

Island Reptiles
looks good my friend, I have to admit you have me intrigued with the pvc piping (I am a contractor and I have lots of that stuff around :) )

Visit our friends