And So the Search Begins(maybe)

Autra

So.

I've been thinking more and more about expanding my collection. Leo's are nice, and I like what I have, and the Beardies we own are fun, but they're just, I dunno, common.

After spending the last entirely too long unemployed, it seems the workless dry spell is finally coming to an end, and I'm thinking I want to do something special to celebrate.

Finally, to my point: would henkeli make a good addition? Obviously, this isn't something I would want to do tomorrow, assuming I could even come close to finding anyone with one to sell anytime soon, but I'd like to see if this is even a good idea.

Would a glass enclosure work, or would I need to go screened? If glass is ok, I think I have one that would work perfectly, I just need to get everything situated in it. Also, are live plants best, or will fake do the trick? I'm leaning towards getting a living habitat up and running first and foremost before I even worry about trying to hunt down an animal to put in it.

Anyway, any and all thoughts/concerns/advice would be greatly appreciated as I work towards making a decision.

Thanks

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
Henkeli are hardy Uroplatus. How big is the glass enclosure, and how does it open? Glass is good since it holds in the humidity, you just don't want to end up with mildew city after a month because you have to mist quite often.

Assuming you can find one, definitely get a CB or at least LTC. WC can be hard to acclimate and normally come in with lots of parasites. All my Uros are either CB or LTC and I haven't had any trouble with them yet.

I prefer live plants for aesthetics and to keep the humidity up.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
What Tony has are recent imports. Not something recommended for the beginner, but if you feel up to the challenge, do your research and be prepared and it might be fine.

Autra

Yeah, I saw Tony's ad.

As awesome as it would be to grab them now, it's probably going to be at least a month or 2 before I'm even close to ready to start putting down deposits.

...and that's assuming that this job thing gets worked out this week(I think it's going to! Hooray for gainful employment!)

Visit our friends