Anyone using Kemp's Herp-Bator Reptile Incubator ?

Designer Geckos

Contributor
I'm thinking of picking up a few of these Kemp's Herp-Bator Reptile Incubators.
Anyone using them that can provide feedback on those units? Thanks.

robin

Designer Geckos

Contributor
Thanks Robin. Hopefully I can get some input on it, like how accurate/stable are the temps, etc.

It's pretty small and can't hold many containers for sure, but it may be a nice unit to separate out special projects.

Designer Geckos

Contributor
Yeah, I like those too.

It would be cool to have a small unit, one for each project/sex. I like those small units but just wonder about their accuracy in holding temps in a very tight range <1 degree. The main advantage of multiple small units is, if a large unit malfunctions while away for a few days, it can do a lot of harm to your projects, whereas multiple small units safeguard against that, unless they all go down.

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The specs on these incubators say that the variation is 2 degrees. I don't know if that will be a problem for you or not. It was not a problem for me last season with my hobovator.

Aliza

thestack510

Rest In Peace jmlslayer
Ray I use a ReptiPro 5000, which is at the very least a similar incubator to Kemp's Herp-Bator, and it has worked great for me in both hot and cold temperatures. Prior to that I had used Kemp's Juragon Reptile Incubator and I had trouble with overheating when temperatures got above the ones I wanted because the Juragon could not heat and cool. You'll find that LLL's similar model has the best price at the moment, but they are on back order until February from what I understand. If you are in a bit of a rush Kemp's model might be your best bet at this time. I purchased mine in an Ebay auction, but I looked earlier today and I saw none of the same model available. ReptiPro is asking $250 for their model on their site.

lindy

I was also looking at those incubators

did you get a chance to check them out. are all the incubators (Reptipro5000,lllreptile pro MR 148, Accu-temp 6000 reptile incubator) all the same incubator? there is a price difference.
I am currently using a hovavator and want to upgrade. is this one worth the price would i need to put a thermostat on it?

SophiaDarcie

They're all the same incubator. I use a repti-pro, but from seeing my neighbor's LLL version, they're identical minus a sticker. Even has the same temp difference.

K

Kim.B

Are we obligated to use the incubator ?

Hi !I just want to no if we obligated to uses the incubator for have babies ? Are they can survives witout the incubator ?

Tanks for answer me !:D

Visit our friends