Baby Food?

Alwayshotroddin

Does anyone know if it's safe to feed leopards baby food? I have 3 adults and I'm extremely worried about them. Since the mealworm shortage they have not eaten anything! I've tried crickets, supers, wax worms, night crawlers, canned mealies... and nothing stimulates their appetites. I came home from work today and one of my females was just laying in her water bowl... I know that can't be a good sign. I bought some baby food (sweet potatoes and pears) but I wasn't sure if they could eat that or not? I've heard people mention it in other threads but I'd like to hear everyones thoughts! I have syringes also if I need to force feed them. Thanks!

Kecia

D

downthebeatenpath

Hmm, I don't think it would hurt them, I just highly doubt they would eat it. Have you tried the zoo med leo diet? They are little pellets that mine eat from time to time, you could try that.

bitterbeauty

Animal Lover
Geckos laying in their water bowl could be a sign that the temps are too high (it is a way to cool themselves down) So make sure you check that.

You cannot force feed a gecko. Just take the baby food and put some on their nose or around their mouth and they will lick it off.

I used organic stage one chicken baby food for my little sick bell albino and it worked well. Sometimes the baby food is too thick and can be mixed with water to make it easier to dab on their nose. I also mixed calcium and vitimins into it.

You can order some mealworms from Jeremy Letkey.
http://geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=23134

Good Luck!

Euphoric

I tried to feed some apricot baby food I was feeding my crested gecko to my leopard she kinda licked at it and lost interest quick.

Alwayshotroddin

Thanks for all your thoughts! I will definetely check the temperatures to make sure they are not too hot in their cages, but I've had my geckos in this particular setup for a year and a half and I can't imagine what would make the temperatures suddenly change? I always have my air conditioning on also so it's not like the indoor temperature of my house would be hot.

As far as the baby food goes, I'm gonna go and try it right now! Wish me luck! :)

Visit our friends