Bad luck,Love LG dearly

Brandyfrog

Ok so i got a good looking 3/4 month old from pet store,Vet check,eating good going great.About 1 month later she was losing weight,slowed her eating,went from 18g to 8g.We went to vet again was given meds,She responded fine started getting back weight looking good.Her temp in vid are fine,Frist thing i check is housing.2months later she goes on hunger strike again.Vet checks everything,fecal,blood,keeps for three days finds nothing? She came home started to eat gain weight back,got to 20g,She stop eating again,looks really bad,Vet check again turn up nothing,but seeing she may not improve wants to do a biocrospy to see if it some unknown bug.Well she eats just enough to stay alive but not really gain weight,Not wanting to stress her out i only handled her to clean,she is not really tame.By the way the person at the pet shop is also a reptile breeder,has given help though this.I don't want to not enjoy ownership of LG but bad luck has me thinking.maybe snakes.

Spots

You will need to provide more information if you want others to help. There is a sticky on the Health and Medication thread with questions you should answer for us (cage temps, feeders, handling, etc). It will help others to see what is different about your setup compared to theirs.

Pinky81

Here is the health questionaire please fill out as detailed as possible, and folks will be able to better come up with ideas!

About your leo:
- Sex
- Age & Weight
- How long have you owned your leo
- Where was he/she obtained (ex. Pet store, breeder, wild caught, friend)

A) Health/History
- How often do you handle your leo
- Is your leo acting any different today? If so how does he/she normally act which differs from now.
- Has he/she had any problems in the past, if so please describe.
B) Fecals
- Describe (look any different than normal)
- When was the last time he/she went
C) Problem
- Please briefly descrive the problem and how long it has been going on

Housing:
A) Enclosure
- Size
- Type (ex. glass tank)
- Type of substrate
- Hides, how many, what kind
B) Heating
- Heat source
- Cage temps (hot side, cool side)
- Method of regulating heat source
- What are you using to measure your temps
- Do you have any lights (describe)
C) Cage mates
- How many (males, females)
- Describe health, or previous problems

Describe Diet:
A) Typical diet
- What you're feeding (how often, how much)
- How are you feeding (hand fed, left in dish, ect)
B) Supplements (describe how often)
- What vitamin/minerals are you using (list brands)
- What are you gut loading food with

Visit our friends