Battle of the Bulge...

MonteQ's

This girl has been out witting me all summer. She's been laying single egg clutches, so it's been almost impossible to tell when she's gravid. I've found eggs dried up in random places, at really random intervals. She even snuck clutches in both times I was away this summer. Sneaky girl...

Anyway, boy was banished from the hide the other day, so I had a feeling something was coming! Finaly got to one!:main_thumbsup:

Dtess-egg2.jpg

Fingers crossed :D

MonteQ's

Thanks guys! I'm thrilled. The female has a few years behind her, I wasn't sure if she'd lay more than a couple eggs. So any success is huge as far as I'm concerned. I'll keep you posted.

MonteQ's

LOL...diplodatyli... :main_huh:

They're fun little geckos. A little on the shy side, but I really enjoy them.

MonteQ's

The result 47 days later at 83f...just missed a Phish reference :main_rolleyes:

Anyway, found this hyper little fella last night. He was running all over the place after he made it out... very curious little guy. Went a bit picture happy, hope you won't mind. I was pretty excited, this is a new species for me. On to the fun stuff

Eggs, bad pic, but I was surprised how much they expand
t-eggs.jpg

Hatching shot... not the best lighting, but I was thrilled to catch it!
t1-1.jpg

He burst out and took a few laps around the box...
t1-2.jpg

t1-3.jpg

Dude loves to climb! Might be able to get a bit of a size reference here
t1-4.jpg

Still climbing! He's in his first shed here, but there wasn't really much change post shed...
t1-5.jpg

This one makes me smile. He was finally getting tuckered out. Such a cute little fella!
t1-6.jpg

That's it for today. Hope you enjoyed the pics! :main_thumbsup:

MonteQ's

Thanks Robin! He was certainly a nice surprise!

Oddly enough, the only double clutch she layed all year followed this one. With a little luck, he/she may have a few siblings shortly!

Visit our friends