bedding!!!!

abrahamavelar

well right now im using paper towels for the momment until i decide what i really want and hat can i put n it, i know sand is bad for geckos aswell as some other beddings like aspen bark etc and i was told to use this eco earth or the thing that comes in a brick thats kind of the same thing and also some of the repti carpet thing and i dontreally like the carpet thing since i was told leopard geckos can get ther claws stock there andwas wondering if o could use either organic potting soil because its kind of the same concistance of the eco earth and brick thing, or could i use some other kinfs for fabric for the botom since the paper towel its not really good looking???

LeopardShade

Spotted Shadow
No loose substrate should be used with leopard geckos. It doesn't matter what kind, all pose an equally deadly and serious risk of impaction. I know paper towels may not look as nice, but they're 100% impaction-free! Which is more important to use, the visual appeal of your tank, or the health of your gecko? You decide.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
No loose substrate should be used with leopard geckos. It doesn't matter what kind, all pose an equally deadly and serious risk of impaction. I know paper towels may not look as nice, but they're 100% impaction-free! Which is more important to use, the visual appeal of your tank, or the health of your gecko? You decide.

I read a thread not to long ago of someones gecko eating paper towel. Maybe its 99%!
I like to use a spongey sheet of art material that I bought at Michaels. They cant lift the edges to eat it.

abrahamavelar

fisrt of all i want to tank you for your help and advice, when it comes to reptimes specially geckos im a newbe i rescued im from a friend tha was moviend and didnt want it and the petstores wouldnt take cuz they had too many and yt was in a bad place im tryng to help him out, i been doing research on them for a few weeks now before they told me i could have theirs and im not sure what to do in some cases

ok yeah i want to give him a better life than it had, also im only usin one layer of paper towels how many should i be using????

I read a thread not to long ago of someones gecko eating paper towel. Maybe its 99%!
I like to use a spongey sheet of art material that I bought at Michaels. They cant lift the edges to eat it.

so will any kind of fabric will work???

The safest and best looking is tile. I love my tile!

will the zoo med UTH for a 10-20 gallon will heat up past the tiles????????

andrew5859

Hats Off Exotics
One layer of paper towel would be fine. Most people put more or less to regulate their temperatures.

I cant say much about the fabric so katie or someone else would have to chime in.

I like tiles the best also, they are safe and make the tank look natural. The heat will transfer through the tile and it would be just fine. You might need to bump up the heat a little more due to the gradient but it would depend.

abrahamavelar

One layer of paper towel would be fine. Most people put more or less to regulate their temperatures.

I cant say much about the fabric so katie or someone else would have to chime in.

I like tiles the best also, they are safe and make the tank look natural. The heat will transfer through the tile and it would be just fine. You might need to bump up the heat a little more due to the gradient but it would depend.

ohhhh i was just assuming the fabric since the repti carpet ts pretty much that IMO but i might be wrong, now with the tiles thats when i would have to use both the ceramic light bulb and UTH right????? since its too think counting the glass, and ofcourse not all the time but as an example while the bulb heats up and it heats the tank up and then unplug the UTH and plug it back up before i turn the ligh off so it warms up and keeps the temp up??? just so the mat dont get burnt out and there is a difference of temp for morning noon and night or does it sound like a very stupid idea????????

GeckoDude31

I have a small exo terra heat mat under my terrarium and it works perfectly well. I dont even need a thermostat to regulate the mat. During winter months it stays around 91 and around 94 in the summer.

GeckoDude31

I have a light "thingy" for night time viewing, but I never use it. Yes, I just plugged the heat mat into the wall, and let the heat mat do its job 24/7. I keep an eye on the temps, though, with a tank thermometer and a temp gun.

Visit our friends