Best housing for hatchlings?

Loui1203

I have my first leo clutch due to hatch in about 2-3 months and i was wondering what is the best set up for newborn hatchlings. (Transition between the incubator and older baby leo setups) Best heat source? Best substrate? If i should mist the enclosure or just a moist hide? How many hatchlings can be housed together of the same size? Water? Pinheads vs small mealworms? Any tips would help!
Thanks =D

softballstud_1099

I have my first leo clutch due to hatch in about 2-3 months and i was wondering what is the best set up for newborn hatchlings. (Transition between the incubator and older baby leo setups) Best heat source? Best substrate? If i should mist the enclosure or just a moist hide? How many hatchlings can be housed together of the same size? Water? Pinheads vs small mealworms? Any tips would help!
Thanks =D

I house mine in 6q containers with heat tape as my heat source. I have a hide in with them that I mist every day. I usually put 2 babies per container untill they reach 10g then I seperate. Hope this helps

Brent

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Here's how I do it:
I do use the 6qt tub rack for overflow. I mist a few times a day till they shed. I don't use a humid hide with the rack tubs because it takes up space and I find that with a water bowl, the enclosed space and the heat, the humidity is adequate.

My preference for hatchling housing is front opening 30" long tanks divided with plexiglass into 3 sections. I house clutchmates or 2 similarly sized hatchlings (I mix and match if clutchmate size differential gets too great) in each section. I house any gecko separately if it seems to need extra feeding help.

Aliza

Visit our friends