BIG leapard gecko weight transformation (3 months)

Theinfidel

Alright so i bought this gecko from Craigslist a while back and the guy never mentioned that this leopard gecko was umm 25 grams or so at the time and 2 years old?! couldn't really tell from the picture he had there but when i drove to his house i notice the gecko was very active and had no other problems besides just being really skinny so i decided to buy her and this was the results after 3 months or less.

What i did to get her back to how she is now was basically buy crickets at first, dust them and feed about 10 of them to her every day or so sometimes every other day, i used waxworms as a treat every other day about 1 or 2. after about 2 weeks i decreased the amount of feeding days to about 3 or 4 with and this went on for about 6 weeks or so then after that i just went down to feeding her 2 times a week like all my other geckos and switched to mealworms giving her 40 mealworms a week. Oh yeah and i got off the waxworms.

Here are some pictures of her the first day i got her(didn't have a scale at the time but im guessing she was around 25 grams or less:
DSCI0211.jpg

DSCI0212.jpg

Heres now (sorry for the lighting she's brighter than that) she's 52 grams now:
DSCI0371.jpg

DSCI0372.jpg

Last edited:

Lindz

Good job! She looks beautiful. I'm in the process of getting the female I got back to health. She probably as skinny as your was. She was stuck in a tank with two males that bullied her and kept her from eating. I'll hopefully be posting pictures like these soon. :)

Theinfidel

Yeah it's amazing how people just don't take care of their reptiles. This one was also in a like half 20 gallon tank with another male with no heat pad just a basking bulb! it was horrible but she cooperated with me very. she ate every single day i offered her food and water so it was flawless experience.

Lindz

Yeah it's amazing how people just don't take care of their reptiles. This one was also in a like half 20 gallon tank with another male with no heat pad just a basking bulb! it was horrible but she cooperated with me very. she ate every single day i offered her food and water so it was flawless experience.

Yeah she was in one of those 12x12x12 mini Exo-terra tanks with the other two males. Horrible! :main_angry: They had one hide which took up the whole tank and the two males took up the whole thing. All are full grown or pretty close. No shed box and a small dish about the size of a half dollar. Awful. She might be pregnant for all I know so I have to keep an eye out for eggs. I work at the pet store I got her from and I was mad that they were being kept like that.

Visit our friends