blue and green blotches?

Lalain

Just picked this lil I think carrot tail baby she has an interesting blotching atop the head is there a specification for this or?
IMAG0234.jpg

Curiosity kills me.

pmkent1

Ephesians 4:1-6
Well the lighting in the photo doesnt look natural at all so its hard to really get an idea of what your looking at

DrCarrotTail

I'm not so sure I can tell exactly but she does look dark. There are two main influences on a leo's color: genetics and temperature. If a gecko gets cold for an extended period of time or if the egg is incubated at a low temperature their color tends to get darker. I've heard this is where "chocolate albinos" come from. For example, I have a super lavender sunglow girl that I was told escaped her cage and got lost for a few weeks after hatching (check out her picture in my showbox :)).

I can't say for sure but IMO it kind of looks like her bands are dark from temperature. She also looks like she has a bite scar on the left side of her head, possibly from being kept in a group situation?

She's super cute and a pretty girl!

Lalain

Yea sorry about that I am posting and took images from my cellphone I am going to see if I can fix the camera settings and repost a better picture idk I'm almost positive she's a carrot tail the blotches being a temperature issue sounds probable I found her at petco... A carrot tail at a petco even shocked me I was like well your comming with me haha

Lalain

IMAG0241-1.jpg

There's a better image of her the discoloration n lil bits of blotches is my concern mainly I wanted to know if its genetic or cause for health concern my other geckos never showed features like this.

Visit our friends