Books on Leos

Wolvenspawn

I wanted to know what books those that are seasoned would highly recommend. From general, breeding and into genetics. Plus possibly where I can order them from other then ebay. (I notice they tend to be over priced on the majority of pet supplies and related material) Plus if anyone has something I'd be interested in and they wish to sell it I'd probably be more then happy to purchase it from you since I trust here more then I do all other places.

Thanks,

Jamie

LeopardShade

Spotted Shadow
There are some pretty good books on leopard geckos. The one I'd highly recommend is The Herpetoculture of Leopard Geckos by Ron Tremper himself. It is without a doubt the most informative book on leopard geckos in my opinion, going over so many topics including natural history, genetics, morphs, and breeding. Unfortunately, I think Ron is sold out of all these books, but you might be able to find a copy somewhere. The good news is he's coming out with a new book (pretty sure it's called Leopard Gecko Pro or something) that is out right now for iPhone/etc. He claims the book version will be released somewhere in the spring, so I'm waiting for that one now, but I'm sure it will be just as awesome as the first!

I'd also recommend The Leopard Gecko Manual.

This may be slightly random and not what you were looking for, but a great book discussing the basics of reptile genetics is Genetics for Herpers. VMS Professional Herpetoculture currently sells them I think.

EDIT - There's also some great leo book suggestions on this article here:
http://whitney05.hubpages.com/hub/Leopard-Gecko-Care-Books

Last edited:

Wolvenspawn

There are some pretty good books on leopard geckos. The one I'd highly recommend is The Herpetoculture of Leopard Geckos by Ron Tremper himself. It is without a doubt the most informative book on leopard geckos in my opinion, going over so many topics including natural history, genetics, morphs, and breeding. Unfortunately, I think Ron is sold out of all these books, but you might be able to find a copy somewhere. The good news is he's coming out with a new book (pretty sure it's called Leopard Gecko Pro or something) that is out right now for iPhone/etc. He claims the book version will be released somewhere in the spring, so I'm waiting for that one now, but I'm sure it will be just as awesome as the first!

I'd also recommend The Leopard Gecko Manual.

This may be slightly random and not what you were looking for, but a great book discussing the basics of reptile genetics is Genetics for Herpers. VMS Professional Herpetoculture currently sells them I think.

EDIT - There's also some great leo book suggestions on this article here:
http://whitney05.hubpages.com/hub/Leopard-Gecko-Care-Books

Thanks I will see what I can find tonight and tomorrow before I orderr. Perhaps I'll get lucky! Thanks again....

Jamie

Visit our friends