Breeding Giant Female vs Normal Sized Male

Ziggurat

Will this work? I tweaked my plans a bit due to availabilty and plan on purchashing a Giant Tangerine female and a normal sized Mack Snow male. (By the way, if anyone knows or are good breeders of each, I will keep details of who I plan to get them from as anoymous as I can to keep my options open and treat myself as the potential customer I am. And when I'm ready to breed treat everyone else as a potential customer. I hope my complete lack of social skills doesn't come back to bite me in the ass again...I will say however I have my plans for a R2 Halloween x Bold Stripe female, normal sized covered.) Anyway, I had my question answered of whether a Giant male would be able to breed with a normal sized female.

I just want to know if a normal sized male would be able to mate with and fertilize a Giant female. If my knowlege of animals hasn't failed me, there are species with males smaller than females that of course mate succesfully all the time. Does the same apply to leopard geckos?

Last edited:

Ziggurat

Thank brings in mind another question. If my gecko female refuses the males 'advances'...what should I do? Wait for the females intsincts to breed to win over?

JordanAng420

Always wait until the female is ovulating before introducing one another...this way, she should have no problem accepting his advances. Sometimes it does take a little while for her to actually accept him, but if she truly is ovulating, she should have no problem.

Personally, I don't leave my leos together for the entire breeding season. I let them be together for a day or two, give it a break, and then try again...I let them mate up until the female starts rejecting him, and then I stop putting them together.

Visit our friends