Bringing my Gecko's home

Cripster

I am picking up my Gecko's this afternoon and it seems like the Heating I will be getting for them wont be here till tomorrow or Saturday....What can I do till then? Or will it not hurt them to be without it for a day or so?

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
they should be fine for a day or so. when we do shows, our leos are without heat for a couple of days and seem to do fine.

fl_orchidslave

It may or may not hurt them to be without heat for a day or two, depends how warm you are able to keep them and what they have been accustomed to, as well as their overall condition. They will adjust to their new environment much better with some heat to get them going. I think it's a good idea to have a people heating pad around just in case it's ever needed for herps.

Shawn, when we do shows in the winter I take along a radiant heat panel to warm the gex up in the morning since it's still chilly in the room.

Last edited:

Cripster

I have a people one and the room that they will be in is around 70F...We were hoping that it would be here today but dont think it will be and just found out that the Thermostat for it may be another week..luckily I have someone that will loan me their spare thermostat till it comes in.

Also with a big 100gallon tank that is a tall tank and not a breeder...should i do 1/3 of one side with the heating? I only plan on putting 3-4 females in there together. and I will be making it have 2 levels with some high rise Hides.

Visit our friends