Brumation?

Deano715

Hello. My Leo stopped eating 6 days ago. She comes out of her moist hide, which she likes best, and hangs out under or around her heat lamp like always. She looks good and her tail is fat but she seems to be very calm. Is this what brumation looks like?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Brumation actually looks like a gecko going to the cool side and sleeping all the time. Not eating as winter approaches is normal for some geckos. I've had geckos stop eating for as long as 6 months and remain healthy. Keep offering and don't get too bent out of shape if she doesn't eat for awhile.

Aliza

Found 4 eggs this morning. 2 where she poops and 2 in her moist hide. still not eating.
Wow eggs! But what I'm kind of concerned is that there were 4 eggs, (Im not an expert) but what I heard was that leopard geckos can only lay 2 eggs at a time. I might be wrong.

Deano715

She is eating again. 4 mealworms and 2 butterworms tonight. She is moving around more and quicker again. Looking back i think she was quite uncomfortable especially now knowing she had 4 eggs.

Visit our friends