Change in behavior

WickedTruth

My leo's appetite has seemed to decrease, along with the amount that he goes potty. I haven't had him that long and I still can't handle him (we're working on that) so I can't say one way or another whether his activity levels are the same. Today he stood up against the side of his tank and I was examining his belly - and realized I have no clue what to look for. So, I took some pictures to post here, along with an explanation of what I saw. Unfortunately, the pictures aren't coming through on my phone yet.....so I will just have to explain it and then try to get the pictures up if they would be beneficial. Basically, on his tummy he had a blue dot on the right side (ish), and on the other side a little higher up was a white dot that slightly bulged outward. This isn't visible in the pictures :( But I did look at him from the side to see whether or not it was bulging, and it was. Any ideas as to if something is wrong? If the behavior doesn't change and there is reason to believe he is sick I'll have to find a reptile vet in the area, but I don't want to stress him out and take him if this is normal.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Depending on how old the leo is and it's morph the blue spot could just be his lil guts shining thru opaque skin. Depending on where the white spot is, if it's close to an armpit that could be a calcium bubble. We just experienced one here with my leo. Pix would def. be helpful. As far as the appetite slow down. Naturally if it isn't goin in it won't come out so poo will be less, and winter months some do slow down their activity and eating, so unless they are losing a noticeable amount of weight and your other tank systems are normal (heat, moisture etc), then the not eating as much thing shouldn't be an issue. Also if you haven't had him that long he could still be in his "settling in" period which is stressful and can affect appetite and attitude.

Visit our friends