Cleaning

Pokersnake

I just brought home my first rack. It was used by its previous owner. I know that diseases can stick to these things for quite some time, so I was wondering what is recommended for cleaning/disinfecting the rack and tubs. I know that bleach does work on everything, but probably isn't the best thing to use. And vinegar is easier on the hands, but won't work well enough. I'm sure there is some kind of middle ground commercial product out there, I just don't know what.

fl_orchidslave

For previously used equipment, I would bleach, bleach, and re-bleach. Then ammonia. It might take a couple weeks but they would be sterilized and sanitized. I don't think even crypto could live through that, not sure tho. If they housed snakes before, that's not likely an issue.

Pokersnake

Eep. I should have searched before asking this question. I think I found my answers though. Bleach. Unless I want to buy another cleaning product. Or a vinegar then peroxide spray down.

The rack was used for ball pythons, and I will be using it for snakes as well. I haven't decided if I want to put my leos in it as well. Since I bought it without working heat, I could always wire two different sets of flexwatt tape with two different rheostats or thermostats. I kind of like my leo set up, but the whole idea was to save on space.

Visit our friends