Completely off food?

jbs81890

Ok do I have an 8 month old Mack snow reverse stripe eclipse that I had at 45 grams 2 mints ago. Since then the gecko has completely gone off food and is down to 22. She will only eat the slurry but not enough to gain her weight back. Does anybody have an idea why she would do this? I did move back in November but se has had a nice calm quite home for 2 months now. Still won't eat! Any suggestions on what to do would be very much appreciated. Brandon

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
In general I find that if a gecko isn't eating but not losing weight, especially in the winter, it's no big deal, but if it's not eating and losing weight then it needs to be checked out. If she's lost half her body weight, I think she needs a vet visit with a fecal sample.

Aliza

roger

Ok do I have an 8 month old Mack snow reverse stripe eclipse that I had at 45 grams 2 mints ago. Since then the gecko has completely gone off food and is down to 22. She will only eat the slurry but not enough to gain her weight back. Does anybody have an idea why she would do this? I did move back in November but se has had a nice calm quite home for 2 months now. Still won't eat! Any suggestions on what to do would be very much appreciated. Brandon

What are her warm temps like? should be 88-95 deg.Try different prey items

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
If she has lost weight from 45g to 22g, I would feed the slurry then get a fresh stool sample to the vet to test. Is she just not eating or is she lethargic? If nothing turns up, it is probably the winter + ovulation thing.

jbs81890

Well she is very energetic and very alert. She eats the slurry with no problems she just wants nothing to do with food. Tried crickets, supers, mealies and waxes. Just ordered silks butters hornworms and Phoenix to try but I'm gunna get a fecal to the vet asap. She's het radar btw

Visit our friends