Confirm leopard gecko checklist?

thylacine

First off, hi, I'm new here! I'm planning on getting a leopard gecko, and I just want to make sure I have everything I need!

So far, I'm planning on buying:

• Front-opening terrarium (at least 24" x 18" x 12")
  • Substrate (most likely the Exo Terra sand mat)
  • Food & water dish
  • 2+ hides
  • Under-tank heater
  • Thermostat
  • Crickets (and maybe mealworms?)
  • Cricket food (fruits, veggies, & Fluker's orange cube)
  • Tubs for breeding crickets
  • Any other decor (fake plants, driftwood, etc.)

Anything else I need? Anything I don't need?

wicked gecko

I'd get at least 3 hides. A warm hide, cool hide, and moist hide. I actually have 4 hides in each of my setups plus other decor like rocks and fake plants. You'll also want a small container for pain calcium. You'll need vitamins and calcium supplements also. Oh yeah you'll need something for in the most hide also, I use eco earth in mine but others use moss or paper towels. I use natural slate tiles as my substrate but ceramic ones also work very well, paper towels are also very popular. You'll also want a digital thermometer with probe and an infrared temp gun will be very handy. Russ

thylacine

I'd get at least 3 hides. A warm hide, cool hide, and moist hide. I actually have 4 hides in each of my setups plus other decor like rocks and fake plants. You'll also want a small container for pain calcium. You'll need vitamins and calcium supplements also. Oh yeah you'll need something for in the most hide also, I use eco earth in mine but others use moss or paper towels. I use natural slate tiles as my substrate but ceramic ones also work very well, paper towels are also very popular. You'll also want a digital thermometer with probe and an infrared temp gun will be very handy. Russ
Thank you! I do know about the vitamins/supplements - must've forgot to add them in there.

Visit our friends