Couple questions left.

wicked gecko

Well since being on here and reading alot I'm headed home with some more supplies. Picked up some of the zoo med digital thermometers and some repashy calcium plus. Originally had analog thermometers and did buy calcium plus d3 originally but no vitamins. Question is im having a hard time finding plain calcium to leave in a dish. Also is there any use for my original container of calcium plus d3? They prefer the crickets and hardly touch meal worms so been gutloading crickets with flukers and fresh apples, carrots, and oranges. Ill now just dust with repashy every other feeding or should I dust every feeding? Sorry for newb questions but after searching still a bit unsure. Making one more stop on way home to find plain calcium. Thanks for your time and help in advance. Russ

JessJohnson87

You can dust every other feeding with the Repashy, it is formulated to be used along with the normal gut-load foods. I use that same supplement and I love it, takes the hassle out of trying to devise a dusting schedule. Most health food places sell plain calcium carbonate that can be used in the tank. It is up to you with how you want to use or not use the other calcium supplement. I tossed mine once I got the Repashy, if you have live plants in your house, they would love a little bit of an extra calcium boost.

wicked gecko

Ty Jess. I'll dust with repashy every other feeding. Did stop and look at health food place on way home but didn't grab any because I wasn't sure it was same stuff. Will just order some regular calcium off line along with a couple more digital thermometers because local place only had 1. Good news is that they'll both be able to upgrade to 20 gallon tanks very soon. +++++ has there $1 a gallon sale right now. We got them both Christmas eve and both are eating, going to bathroom, and active already. Should I just buy new tanks and wait awhile to swap so I don't add extra stress? One is about 3.5" and the other is almost 5", I haven't weighed them and only have them walking on my hand so far. Each is in it's own 10 gallon set up currently. Thanks again for the help. Russ :)

JessJohnson87

I would buy them now if they have that sale going on. They're close to $40 when not on sale, then switch them out in a couple of months or when they start to outgrow the 10 gallon. The little ones do fine in 10 gallons until they reach about 7 inches or so, then the extra wiggle room is nice.

wicked gecko

:) Sounds like a plan. Going to grab 3 of them when I make it back there. Time for hermit crabs to get a larger living area also. Was thinking the same thing on waiting to transfer the Leos and not add to the stress right now. Will give me time to build stands for them and collect larger uth among the other goodies I'll need.

JessJohnson87

I use an 11x17" UTH on my 20L, tile for the substrate and paper towels underneath the tile. You can always do one of the cool DIY set-ups with stryofoam, great stuff and unsanded grout, would be a fun project for you and the kids :)

wicked gecko

Thanks Jess. I was wondering about what to put under the tiles. Paper towel would be much easier than worrying about sand and them possibly getting at it. Been reading up on the Styrofoam and grout projects also! I'll let you all know how we make out on that.

Last edited:

wicked gecko

Indyana I had read that on the bottle but was nervous about it with everything I've read online. So far I've only tried crickets and meal worms but they won't touch the mealies. Was feeding crickets flukers high calcium diet along with carrots, apples,and oranges. Going to pick up zoo meds adult beardie food to use in place of the flukers and add more greens to the crickets diet also. Right now I feed them daily, will it be safe to still use repashy every feeding? I'm planning to also get some calcium without d3 to offer in a dish. Thanks Russ

indyana

Yes, Repashy Calcium Plus is safe to use every feeding. It is formulated differently than standard reptile vitamins or calcium/D3 supplements.

Just remember with any supplement that you only have to dust lightly--the bugs don't need to be caked in it, just look a bit dusty.

Visit our friends