diy basking platform

Crimson.Dawn

Draconis Occidentalis
I made this for my water dragons cage but it would work for fatties or leos, foam with grout and a none toxic sealer.
20120619_150716-1204464124.jpg

Crimson.Dawn

Draconis Occidentalis
Originally it was a low VOC acrylic clear paint. But it was not water proof enough for his cage so I coated the whole thing in a 2 part clear acrylic Resin (the kind they use to seal tables in resterants. same stuff they use to make foam surfing board water and bump proof. ) ill put up photos in a few.

Last edited:

Crimson.Dawn

Draconis Occidentalis
OK so hears the platform in place.
531202_3575669426293_526300973_n.jpg

And that would be Atlas, our newest rescue. Originally that cage was made for our baby water dragon Peabody, but when my better half saw Atlas at a friends house in a sand filled enclosure meant for a bearded dragon (and even a beardie would do badly in That setup :furious3: ). she convinced that friend so let us take him. Peabody got a smaller tank and Atlas got her castle. He will remain in there until he puts on weight and gets over the soars he developed from the dry environment he was in which caused his poor skin to split.

Anyway back to the project. The two part Resin I used is completely safe once cured. which takes about 24 hours. It dries rock hard, about 1/4 inch thick and crystal clear. but keep in mind this stuff is thick, messy, and once it cures... permanent ... always read the instructions plz!

ClearLite_Casting_Resin-xl.jpg

mudskipper

Great tank! Very cute water dragon. The other Chinese dragon in the water is cute, too. LOL

Visit our friends