Does my tail look big in this?

RBFesquire

scaled.php

Hello again. Meet Marmalade.

She has a plastic substrate, a nice warm and cool hut. Temps ok, I must invest in a better thermometer though tbh!

I have researched and doing fine apart from the little bugger will not eat. Well, the last thing it ate was a wax worm. We gave it another after another bout of not eating and the bloody thing died (the worm, not Marmalade). The crickets just keel over too, without even a little nibble or anything. They are the right size and fed bug grub and apples.

I think she shred about 3-4 days ago judging by some of your guys comments on her long poop.

Could she just be bit shy? She has had a poop and it looks normal, if little, as she is still little. Just over 4 inches long.

We have just been looking at some more photos of her and she looked fairly active at first, until we remembered that she was just picked up by a friend and scooted around her arm and looked scared. She was grabbed at and put back in the tank. Could this have frightened her?

When we catch her in the viv at night she looks at us, stays fairly calm, but then slowly skulks off to the hides. She looks a little close to the floor and scared like she does in the photo. When she moves however her tail is nice and stiff and she moves above the ground, not dragging at all.

So what do you think, shy, scared or just a bit bloody weird?

Thanks for any advice received :D

p.s because the pet shop is bally useless we are having a tough time of it ageing her. Is there any way to tell?

Last edited:

Maddy123

When did you get her?It takes them a couple weeks to get to know there home and to eat.My girl leopard gecko took two weeks before she ate.Make sure her tank is clean.If you got her a long time ago mabey she is stressed

Owner of three leopard geckos

RBFesquire

About 3 weeks ago. She eats sometimes but only a little. I just waggled a wax worm on some tongues and she snapped it up. Not force fed, just a little wiggle. She scooted off before I could try a cricket. We have mucked around with the tank to get it right. She was on bark substrate but got rid of it when we heard it was probably not best. We clean her poops daily, the plastic is ideal for that. We change the sheet once a week. We have deep cleaned it once in the meantime. I also got rid of the bark so I could see what she was eating. Had a feeling the crickets were burrowing into the wood.

I put it to stress to. Everything else seems to be fine. Like her poo is normal and such.

Last edited:

Visit our friends