dropped tail

tinymaze

hi,
im feeling really guilty as when sorting out my gecko i left the lid off and went off to wet down the moss in his hide and came back to find my cat pouncing in his viv, i don't believe my cat got my gecko but my gecko did dropped his tail (right at the base). this happened about 3 day's ago, leo has since stayed in his hot area im guessing this is normal as he need's the heat to help heal, i don't have a heat lamp would it be a good idea to get one?
he is eating but not as much, im going to get some wax-worms to help give extra fat and energy to heal,
my leo is normally really shy and quite but since then he has been really aggressive, he hisses/squeaks and lunges if anything move's out side his viv, i know he's probably feeling really valuable but this is so out of character it's quite worrying?
is there anything i should be doing?

sausage

BSc AMAS
no theres no need for a lamp.
my gecko dropped her tail about two weeks ago and its growing back super fast.
what are the floor temps on the hot side? might be there alot because its not warm enough.
i would also try eith covering up some of the sides (im guessing its a glass tank?) to make it feel more sacure, or try adding more hiding spaces.

tinymaze

Thanks for the reply, turned the temp up yesterday morning but only slightly it's about 89-90* do you think it should be a bit warmer? My tank has plenty of hides 2 small and one big moist hide, bark and a huge plant so loads of cover but i'll cover the sides and see if that helps, guess it's a wait and see game now,

Last edited:

Visit our friends