dry or humid?

beezy

so ive recently built a rack and did the heat tape and the whole 9...now im just wondering do you use normal hides in rack systems or do you use humid hides in rack systems..the adult tubs i can use both because theyre big enough but for the hatchling tubs (6qt sterilite) it has to be either or...thnks for all opinions and help

andrew5859

Hats Off Exotics
Typically normal hides are enough, although a humid hide would help. The tubs get enough moisture and humidity built up in them that its sort of like the whole tub is a humid hide so this shouldnt affect their shedding.

theCREECH

Typically normal hides are enough, although a humid hide would help. The tubs get enough moisture and humidity built up in them that its sort of like the whole tub is a humid hide so this shouldnt affect their shedding.

are the tubs you're referring to with lids or without lids. It seems without lids would be dryer???

andrew5859

Hats Off Exotics
are the tubs you're referring to with lids or without lids. It seems without lids would be dryer???

Yes I am referring to tubs with lids. My mistake. I would also imagine that tubs without lids would allow more airflow but it really depends on how snug the tub is to the next level up.

Hankj

For my hatchlings I use a humid hide, made from a deli cup, and a paper towel roll cardboard tube for a dry hide. Fits pretty well :)

beezy

it is a lid less rack..sorry forgot to mention that..and i like the humid deli cup next to the toilet paper roll idea..gives them options..thank you

Visit our friends