dusting silkworms?

grboxa

i have the repashy calcium plus, was wodering since silkworms are high in calcium should I even dust them at every feeding? there a staple. and mealworms only once a week.

reps4life

i have the repashy calcium plus, was wodering since silkworms are high in calcium should I even dust them at every feeding? there a staple. and mealworms only once a week.

I wish I can give you an answer but due to the fact I am not familiar with the amounts in Repashy, someone that uses it can probably give you an idea. Look at the back of the bottle. Some specify how often. I was told with every feeding but I think Repashy carries more than one product.

Last edited:

nnoossss

so im going too be new too the whole silkworm thing and read that they grow extremely fast and i should order small... too get an idea how fast do they really grow? so i know how many too order

BrightReptiles

Badhabits727
Fast. I wouldn't order more than you can feed in a week, unless your geckos are big enough to handle large worms. Large as in the size of your pinky finger.

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
I actually do dust silkworms with Repashy products, and my geckos gobble them up. It doesn't hurt, trust me. About half of my geckos enjoy them, so they each get between 1-2 per feeding. I dust because they are getting the vitamins in the Repashy as well as the calcium. I use Super-Cal and Supervite though mixed 50/50. I don't use Calcium-plus. It's basically the same as what I have, but it's pre-mixed I believe. I wouldn't worry about "over" doing it with calcium if your using only Repashy. It's meant to be dusted every feeding. If your worried about it, maybe dust your silks every other time?

gecko4245

If u dust them very lightly with plain calcium it will balance them out.

Visit our friends