easyest monitor

Sunnyx3

Hi I am really interested in geting a monitor probably one of the smaller species. know my question is what is the easyest least demanding monitor to keep.

latshki

Breeder in the making
ackies are very cheap compared to savs, just think of how much a 4 foot long lizard will eat and they really need insects more then rats along with a cage thats 8x4 feet, tons of heat so with all of the factors built up the ackies will always be cheaper

and it depends on what kind you get yellows are 100-150 while reds are 200-500
but ackies are great animals and if you get one you will not be dissapointed
there is a member on here named slayer and he just bred his yellows so you may want to contact him

I would probably say Timor's for the experience. But they do not make very good "pets" as they are rather flighty and hide when approached. Yet they are very easy to care for, are a "dwarf" species reaching about 2', common place in the trade, and you can pick up a healthy CB animal for less than $100. They are rewarding in certain aspects but if you want a monitor you can see and interact with everyday then this isn't the right monitor for you.

crevalle

Based on my personal experience, ackies are not only the most forgiving monitors (ie. they forgive you of many husbandry mistakes), but they are also the single-most entertaining monitor I've ever kept. Feeding time is a frenzy. Once in a while they'll even do a backflip while in pursuit.

Yellow ackies are less expensive than the reds, but they also get a bit larger.

Visit our friends