Egg help needed

D

derek317

I just got my first 2 eggs a week ago. They are in tupperware no air holes in a tub in a rack on vermecullite about 86 degrees give or take 2 degrees either way with a raytek. One is firmer and seems to be fine. I just got home from work and the other egg has a little mold on it and reeks. It also collapsed a little when I picked it up to wipe off the mold. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The moldy one sounds as if it is no good especially due to the smell. Still, wipe it off if you want, use a little foot powder, and keep it until it shrivels. You may want to separate it from the other one if it really smells. ALso make sure with the air holes you can maintain adequate humidity in the rack. Good luck.

ALiza

D

derek317

Any idea what could have happened? I am new to gecko eggs. I have seperated it.

roger

I just got my first 2 eggs a week ago. They are in tupperware no air holes in a tub in a rack on vermecullite about 86 degrees give or take 2 degrees either way with a raytek. One is firmer and seems to be fine. I just got home from work and the other egg has a little mold on it and reeks. It also collapsed a little when I picked it up to wipe off the mold. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like it was way too wet.maybe next try this.Saturate some vermiculite with water in a large tub.Pick up a handful of wet vermiculite and pretend you are making a snowball and squeeze all the water until there is no more water coming out of the vermiculit.When u touch it ,it should crumbel..Fill your other tub 1/2 -2/3 full and bury your eggs halway.I do not put holes in my tub since this defeats the purpose of keeping th humidity in which is what makes the eggs grow..Hope this helps

Last edited:
D

derek317

Thanks for the replies. I'll see what happens to the egg. Luckily my first time breeder girl gave me two her first lay.

Visit our friends