Egg incubation time?

CharmedMom

First time hatching little ones?
I usually incubate at 82 and mine hatch between 55-65 days. Also they tend to swell around a week before hatching.
Can I ask what the pairing was? Would also love to see pics when they hatch. :)

Ac26

Yes it's my first time hatching.the dads a reverse stripe raptor and the moms a tremper albino.i'll definitely post pics once they hatch which should be soon today makes 47 days for the first clutch. Thanks

DrCarrotTail

I'm incubating at 81 as well and mine are hatching between 62-68 days. May not be the best idea but I gently poke mine every week when I open their containers to check on them and give them fresh air. If the feel slightly dry I add a squirt of water, they also tnd to get a bit squishier a day or so before they hatch. Good luck!

Ac26

By what people are saying I should be expecting within the next 2 weeks.i can't wait for one of them to hatch. Thanks

Ac26

I think it might be a bad egg it's starting to get discolored.when I candled it i can see the gecko.the egg is small too it never got too big.the next clutch of eggs are a lot bigger already.any suggestions on why this could have happened

OnlineGeckos

The gecko eggs come in many different sizes, not all are large, and not all plump up to be large eggs. The best thing you can do is to leave it alone and incubate until it either hatches, or deflates. The egg being small and a bit discolored does not mean anything negative really.

Ac26

Woke up this morning and found a hatched gecko.it still had the umbilical cord to.is that normal?the gecko seems to be doing fine.i'll post some pics of it when I can.thanks for the help everybody

CharmedMom

Some hatch with the egg sack still attached and some don't, it's best to leave them be and let them finish absorbing it.

Can't wait to see pics of the new little one. :D

Visit our friends