Emerine Albino

Status
Not open for further replies.

caKed

I got her late August when she was about 2-3 months old. She just keeps gettin better... hard to get pics of her because shes so active, so sorry for the bad pics. Ill try to take more later

DSC05718.jpg

DSC05729.jpg

DSC05720.jpg

DSC05722.jpg

DSC05726.jpg

DSC05728.jpg

DSC05732.jpg

DSC05735.jpg

robin

she is very pretty but what is the difference between her and a tangerine albino?

B

BioWorkZ

She is beautiful. I love the orange outlining her patterns.

thestack510

Rest In Peace jmlslayer
I would venture to guess that the breeder informed him or her that this is an Emerine Albino. It does resemble my own Emerine Albino cross that was hatched in house last season, and it looks to be developing into a very nice Leo. Much like the father of the cross which is an Emerine Albino direct from Tremper. Good luck with her in the future.

thestack510

Rest In Peace jmlslayer
ALL Tangerines are line bred, but I'm failing to see why that point is being driven. The Emerald will not show on an albino animal. A buyer should be able to trust the information passed on from the breeder regarding genealogy. I think that is all that is going on.

Last edited:

Neo.Reptiliac

o_O So why would you have an emerine albino if you cant see the green in it. (Very pretty albino none the less. I like it a lot.) Just curious is all. If you bred it back to something else, would the green be present some how?

robin

o_O So why would you have an emerine albino if you cant see the green in it. (Very pretty albino none the less. I like it a lot.) Just curious is all. If you bred it back to something else, would the green be present some how?
i would assume it would depend mainly on the amount of lavender and the amount of orange.
(thats what makes it have that green look)

thestack510

Rest In Peace jmlslayer

Yes Steph, the green tends to show up in the non albino offspring of my Emerine Albino x Enigma crosses often. Emerine albinos are also the Tangerine Albino with the highest color contrast compared to other Tang Albinos in my opinion. Case and point Trempers other Tangerine Albino line, the Tangelos, which look very different from the Albino Emerines. I have males from both lines.

ILoveGeckos14

I don't agree that an emerine albino is just a tangerine albino because emerines have the patternless stripe gene from raptors and not all tangerine albinos have the patternless stripe lineage. Emerine implies slightly different genetics than a tang albino.

Very nice pick-up btw! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends