enigma syndrome!

jeexstar

hellos

I have a female enigma.
Mate with a male RAPTOR and a super mack snow. I do not know who is really the father... My female syndrome enigma, I should incubate the eggs? or trash?

I do not know if it's worth it .. : Main_thumbsup: : Main_thumbsdown: : Main_huh:

thank you!

282914_793905617303297_1748071693_n.jpg 1517559_572889416129508_808866838_n_e.jpg

tb144050

That is a tough question about whether to "abort" a living organism (...the eggs..). You will have to decide if you want to do that. However, I have read other statements on the internet before and it makes sense:

"If you decide to 'abort by not incubating the eggs', be sure to freeze the eggs overnight to ensure that the embryo does not continue trying unsuccessfully to develop at the wrong temperature (in the trash can).....this will lead to birth defects if it ever hatches."

Treefolk

All enigmas suffer from ES. There is no such thing as a clean enigma. The enigmas that are a problem are the ones that spin and/or star gaze a lot and have trouble eating. Some enigmas grow out super slow and need to be hand fed... These are traits you do not want to pass on. All enigmas can have ES brought out of them by stress. A gecko that never displayed ES can easily be triggered by a shipment.

jeexstar

A very difficult decision! yess! :(

I'll take a chance! In case of serious problem, how to euthanize?
I've seen that it can be difficult with young!

Last edited:

Treefolk

A very difficult decision! yess! :(

I'll take a chance! In case of serious problem, how to euthanize?
I've seen that it can be difficult with young!

Don't do it if you think you will need to euthanize the gecko... What's the point of taking a risk just to have to kill it? Basically, if you aren't willing to hand feed it for the rest of its life, don't hatch it. It's as simple as putting the egg in the fridge to kill it.

jeexstar

I bought this yesterday. it was coupled with the boy.
Without knowing that she had the syndrome .... Today, she's fine!

Probably due to transportation?

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I've had two enigmas never show any signs of syndrome even when shipped or laying eggs. I feel fine breeding those. I won't breed any that show a lot of signs though. JMO

Treefolk

I've had two enigmas never show any signs of syndrome even when shipped or laying eggs. I feel fine breeding those. I won't breed any that show a lot of signs though. JMO

I wouldn't take comfort in that. My enigma from John at Geckoboa came from a "completely" free line (don't get me wrong, I believe him in that the population doesn't express ES, but it's still there) and upon arrival she was spinning and stargazing. Since she settled she has shown very little ES, but it's there. Matt and SaSobeks told me that he won't work with them and they all have ES. Craig at TUG has also told me that they all have it. I'm gonna trust that these guys that hatch out in the thousands know what they are talking about.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I wouldn't take comfort in that. My enigma from John at Geckoboa came from a "completely" free line (don't get me wrong, I believe him in that the population doesn't express ES, but it's still there) and upon arrival she was spinning and stargazing. Since she settled she has shown very little ES, but it's there. Matt and SaSobeks told me that he won't work with them and they all have ES. Craig at TUG has also told me that they all have it. I'm gonna trust that these guys that hatch out in the thousands know what they are talking about.

I didn't say that they don't have it. I said that I only breed the ones not showing it. You take a chance no matter what if you work with enigmas, but I won't breed any showing signs. But all have enigma syndrome. It's part of being an enigma.

Last edited:

Visit our friends