Falling for Fat Tails

chalkolotcake

After seeing all of the different patterns of African Fat Tails... I think I'm starting to fall for them. I don't have one obviously lol but I really want one. I think once I move back home after this summer from college I'm going to invest in one in add to my collection of critters :]

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I myself have decided to get back into AFT this year as well. We kinda went a bit overboard for our first project...but totally worth it and why not do things right from the get go. Be sure to share once you do get one.

AmyChris

I try doing just one but a few months later I got a female for breeding. Last month I just got another female so I'm up to 3 now.

TruVueGeckos

Go "Fat" or go home....
I myself have decided to get back into AFT this year as well. We kinda went a bit overboard for our first project...but totally worth it and why not do things right from the get go. Be sure to share once you do get one.

Its kinda like an addiction. By the time you notice, you've got ten, fifteen, twenty AFTs. :D Then the excitement of next breeding season hits and you'll be like, "Hmm I need more AFTs to add to my projects to increase my odds of producing that special morph."

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
O i know how addicting they are. I worked with them a while ago. Nothing fancy liek they have now a days, but they are fun to work with. I only have a 1.3 so far, but see it being about 15+ breeders by the end of the year. Depends though because these projects are not cheap and I kinds started out with a very nice group/project. Can't have everything...especially when you work with so many species and want more of all of them.

chalkolotcake

Yea I'm totally considering spending like a good 300 dollars one one if I get one haha. I know that's not a lot compared to how much some of them go for. but for a first time one that'd be expensive for me. I'm use to spending money on my camera, not animals haha. My leopard gecko and bearded dragon I both got for free so this would be my first time actually purchasing one of my own. It sucks that all the ones that id want are like 800 dollars haha I'm like "dannnnggg that's expensive" but I guess if your into hardcore breeding, people are willing to spend that amount. Maybe ill get there one day ;D

Its funny because the other day I was telling my roommate "I like how when I see a camera lens or a camera its totally normal to say 'man this $1500 dollar lens is cheap, id consider buying it' but when I see an animal for that much I'm like 'HOLY COW! I'd never spend that much money on that!' haha

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Most Whiteouts and Whiteout combos have the blue tail. Of all the Whiteouts I've ever worked with, this boy has the bluest tail. He's 66% possible het Patternless and Caramel. I got him from my boy Chris at Wild West Reptiles!

EverEvolvingExotics

coooooll! thats the place I was kind of looking at getting one from lol

The whiteout poss het caramel in my profile picture is from Chris from Wild West as well. If you look back at my older threads there are numerous pictures of the little guy. Whiteouts have a ton of potential for combos. It's a great morph to have in the collection!

chalkolotcake

The whiteout poss het caramel in my profile picture is from Chris from Wild West as well. If you look back at my older threads there are numerous pictures of the little guy. Whiteouts have a ton of potential for combos. It's a great morph to have in the collection!

Cool! yea I think I actually looked at one of your posts the other day. The one in which you had all of those delivered to you. Because I just went and looked and it was the same post I looked at previously. They're all so pretty! I love even how the normals look. But I was looking up AFT morphs the other day just to get in the circle of what kind there are lol and I love the whiteouts. I also love the caramel albinos like the one you have. They're really pretty. GAH! SO MANY CHOICES! There were other ones I liked too when looking up morphs but I cant remember the names of them. I think one was oreo? and possibly a zero? Those were pretty. Unless those are leopard gecko morphs I'm thinking of. I also like the fact that there aren't 3489280394823 different morphs of AFT like there are leopard geckos haha I feel like I'm never gonna be able to learn the morphs of leopards...

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I always imagined Chris like this;
Salma-Hayek-Bearded-Lady-36331.jpg

Visit our friends