Fattie babies to date

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
This is the product of my amel stripe x het amel. I have 3 more eggs cooking. Unfortunately the other amel among the babies died at 1 month old for no obvious reason. Hoping for another amel among the next 3 due to hatch:

FattiesAug.jpg

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The extra dark one is just the youngest. It will probably lighten up as it gets older. I find that they get pretty light when kept in the rack and darken again to an extent if they're moved to an enclosure with possibly more ventilation and lower ambient temp.

Aliza

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Great hatchlings Aliza. Unfortunate about the amel, fattie babies can be delicate and hard to get started sometimes and incubation can be tricky. Good luck on the next 3 eggs.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Next egg hatched this morning. Not an amel unfortunately. It's funny that my albino x het albino leopard gecko pairing has yielded 100% albinos (6 of 6) while the same type of fattie pairing has yielded 2 of 9. Yes, I know it's just statistics, it's just amusing.

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
On a related note, just hatched my last 2 leos albino x het albino (see above in post #8). This pairing has now given me 8/8 albinos!

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Here are the hatch dates:
7/7: the stripe at the top and one of the non-stripes
7/17: the amel stripe at the top and the other non-stripe
8/1: the stripe on the bottom right
8/24: the smallest one in the middle

I have 2 more eggs due to hatch in about 2 weeks.

Aliza

Visit our friends