Female Gecko buried herself in the humid hide why?

migdem

I have a female and today I found it buried under the coconut moss in the humid hide. Why did she do this? I checked for signs of eggs but nothing.

I also have a male in the same vivarium but he was not in the humid.

Klogue1

I'm no expert but it's possibly mistaking the humid hide for a regular hide, and is trying to get to the heat? Do you have any other hides on the warm side?

Jellybean

Because she is probably pissed off at the male for not tending to her emotional needs and constantly begging her for sex.

migdem

haha nice one on the sex. About other hides no right now that is the only hide. But on the outside there are some fake plants and the gravel is also of coconut moss.

Theinfidel

They like being very nice and warm in the humidity sometimes and also like being left alone so they'll burrow themselves under things just like my gecko's do under the paper towel or other substrate.

ChaoticGecko

i just switched to eco earth bedding for the humid hides late last week and everyone of my guys dug down into it. i'm pretty sure it was just to make a mess of the freshly clean cages. prior to that i was using moss, and they were forever burying themselves under that.

Blazebabe

S/H Tangerine carrot tail
She's done this for more humidity and if she's due to shed her skin they like it even more.

Visit our friends